Gel Microfiber Down Alternative Poly Bed
About This Product:
Is your mattress too firm and hard? Are you looking for added softness? If so, this product is for you :) This plush poly bed is filled with microfiber, which is a fluffy polyester designed to mimic the softness of down. The outer shell is soft 300 thread count cotton, and features corner elastics for affixing to the mattress.
- Baffle Box Construction: Boxes to prevent content from shifting
- Elastic Bands: Elastic straps secure the Poly Bed to the corners of your mattress
- 300 Thread Count: Prevents fill from escaping
- 100% Cotton: Fine cotton allows the fill to breathe
- Gel Microfiber: Down-like luxury and benefits from technically advanced microscopic synthetic fibers
- Easy Care: May machine wash and dry or have professionally cleaned / Filling completely re-lofts after washing
- Hypo Allergenic: Synthetic Gel Microfiber filling naturally resists bacteria and other allergens
- Guaranteed Quality: Guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 3 Years
- This product was tested for harmful substances and certified according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® SHHO 077115 TESTEX
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What thickness is this mattress topper. 2 or 3 inches?
The height of the gusset is 2". That being said, this is a flexible, fabric product. You'll find that the height is more in the middle of a box and shorter as the fabric tapers down at the seams. There's not a consistent height at every point of the product.
What's the difference between this product and the Microfiber Down Alternative Poly Bed?
The Microfiber Down Alternative Poly Bed has a 260 thread count shell, where this poly bed has a 300 thread count shell. Higher thread count fabric is softer and less noisy. The Microfiber Poly Bed also has a shorter warranty period. The final difference is the fill type - Gel Microfiber is siliconized, making it slightly more slippery than regular microfiber. This difference is not overly noticeable though and doesn't impact the overall feel of the product. These poly beds contain the same amount of fill and are both designed to add softness to the mattress.
What is a mattress topper?
A mattress topper attaches to the top of your mattress to provide additional comfort. Some mattress toppers, like this poly bed, are designed to add softness and luxury to a mattress that is too firm. Other toppers, like feather beds add firmness and support to a soft mattress.
Does this topper retain heat? I tend to be a very hot sleeper and while I’m looking for something to add softness and depth I wouldn’t be able to hand or something that adds more heat
It definitely shouldn't add more heat, but it's also not a 'cooling' product like others on the market. The most important thing is ensuring you're using breathable sheets, like cotton or linen. The topper will be separated from you by a sheet and maybe a mattress protector.