About This Product:
Is your mattress too soft? Are you looking for additional firmness and support? If so, this product is for you :) This feather bed has 2 layers. The bottom layer, which makes up the bulk of the product, is filled with goose feather, which provides great, resilient support. The top layer is filled with 575 loft goose down, which adds a soft buffer against the feather. Down Perfect products combine the firmness of feather with the softness of down for the best of both worlds! The outer shell is crisp 255 thread count cotton, and features corner elastics for affixing to the mattress.
Common questions: What is a mattress topper?
A mattress topper attaches to the top of your mattress to provide additional comfort. Some mattress toppers, like this feather bed, are designed to add firmness and support to a mattress that is too soft. Other toppers, like poly beds add softness to a mattress that is too firm.
What's the difference between this product and the White Goose Feather Bed?
The Down Perfect Feather Bed has a down top, where the White Goose Feather Bed does not. The White Goose Feather Bed contains only the feather layer. They are both designed to add firmness and support to the mattress.
- Down Pillow Top Design: Enhances a traditional Feather Bed with the luxury of a Down filled Pillow Top
Elastic Bands: Elastic straps secure the Feather Bed to the corners of your mattress
- 255 Thread Count: Prevents Down / Feather from escaping
- 100% Cotton: Fine cotton allows the Down to breathe
- Small White Goose Feather: Bottom Feather Bed layer filled with small White Goose Feather to provide firm and resilient support you need
- White Down: Down pillow top filled with high loft White Down provides the softness and luxury you want
- 550+ Fill Power Down: Insulates and lofts 550+ cubic inches per ounce of fill
- Hypo Allergenic: Anti-Microbial process used to eliminate bacteria
- Guaranteed Quality: Guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 5 years
- OEKO-TEX Standard 100 Certified
Difference Between Down & Feather
Product Comparison Chart
This feather bed should be used with a zippered feather bed or mattress cover/protector at all times. Failure to do so will cause premature wear and invalidate the warranty. A properly covered feather bed will help eliminate stains and the build up of body oils, dirt, and dust. This will also help allergy sufferers.
Take your feather bed outdoors periodically and air it or place in the dryer on a low heat/cool cycle. This helps maintain its freshness, fluffiness and insulating qualities.
Prior to use, shake the feather bed vigorously to help fluff up the down and feather. It will take about 1 week of use before the outer fabric softens up and the fill lofts up to its full potential.
There may be a slight odour as a result of having been stored in the packaging, but it will disappear within the first week of use.
This product should be stored in a dry and well-ventilated closet or room when not in use in order to prevent mildew growth.
* A properly maintained feather bed should only require cleaning after two to five years, with normal use. It may be cleaned more or less often depending on use.
* Your feather bed is covered in 100% cotton and filled with natural down and feather. It will shrink if washed, possibly causing puckering in the stitching and loss of the filling.
* Should your feather bed need cleaning, have it DRY CLEANED or PROFESSIONALLY WASHED by a reputable cleaner that specializes in cleaning down and/or feather products.
* DO NOT attempt to machine wash or dry clean this product yourself. If the filling stays even slightly damp, the down and/or feather will clump together and may allow mildew growth.
* Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filling and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.