Gel Microfiber Down Alternative Duvet
About This Product:
This duvet is made with microfiber fill. Microfiber is soft and plush. It's a high quality polyester that's meant to mimic the softness of down. The shell is 300 thread count cotton, which is soft and quiet.
This duvet is generously filled. Microfiber doesn't have the same insulating properties as down, so microfiber duvets are heavier weight. We need a fair bit of fill to achieve the desired warmth. One benefit of a synthetic duvet is that it can be machine washed at home, given your machine is quite large and you wash/dry on a low heat setting. Natural down and feather are quite sensitive to moisture, but polyester is not!
This duvet comes in All Season Weight, which works well for room temperatures around 16 - 18 degrees C or if you’re fairly cool when you sleep.
Common Question: What's the difference between this duvet and the Microfiber Down Alternative Duvet?
The Microfiber Down Alternative Duvet has a 260 thread count shell. Higher thread count fabric is softer and less noisy. The Microfiber Duvet also has a shorter warranty period. The final difference is the fill type - Gel Microfiber is siliconized, making it slightly more slippery than regular microfiber. This difference is not overly noticeable though and doesn't impact the overall feel of the product. These duvets are the same weight and warmth level.
- Box Construction: Boxes to prevent content from shifting
- 300 Thread Count: Prevents fill from escaping
- 100% Cotton: Fine cotton allows the fill to breathe
- Corner Loops: Loops on all 4 corners to tie and anchor the duvet in place
- Gel Microfiber: Down-like luxury and benefits from technically advanced microscopic synthetic fibers
- Easy Care: May machine wash and dry or have professionally cleaned / Filling completely re-lofts after washing
- Hypo Allergenic: Synthetic Microfiber filling naturally resists bacteria and other allergens
- Guaranteed Quality: Guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 5 Years
- OEKO-TEX Standard 100 Certified
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.