This duvet should be used with a duvet or comforter cover at all times. Failure to do so will cause premature wear and invalidate the warranty.
A properly covered duvet will eliminate the need for a top sheet. This keeps bed-making to a minimum and allows you to enjoy the light, cozy feeling of your duvet.
Prior to use, shake the duvet vigorously to help fluff up the down. It will take about 1 week of use before the outer fabric softens up and the down lofts up to its full potential.
Une légère odeur peut résulter du fait d'avoir été stocké dans l'emballage, mais elle disparaîtra dans la première semaine d'utilisation.
Take your down duvet outdoors periodically and air it. This helps maintain its freshness, fluffiness and insulating qualities.
Ce produit doit être stocké dans un placard ou une pièce sèche et bien ventilée lorsqu'il n'est pas utilisé afin de prévenir la croissance de moisissures.
Instructions de nettoyage :
* Une couette bien entretenue ne devrait nécessiter un nettoyage qu'au bout de cinq à dix ans, voire pas du tout.
* Your duvet is covered in 100% cotton and filled with natural down. It will shrink if washed, possibly causing puckering in the stitching and loss of the filling.
* Si votre couette a besoin d'être nettoyée, faites-la NETTOYER À SEC ou LAVER PROFESSIONNELLEMENT par un nettoyeur réputé spécialisé dans le nettoyage des produits à base de duvet et/ou de plumes.
* DO NOT attempt to machine wash or dry clean this product yourself. If the filling stays even slightly damp, the down will clump together and may allow mildew growth.
* Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filling and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSPoser une Question
I had one of your Duvets and the fabric was crunchy and noisy. Sounded like it had newspaper inside. I returned it. I want a high quality duvet to keep my legs warm year round in a cool room. Do you have high thread count models that are silent?
The higher thread count, the softer and quieter the shell! The quietest shell we carry is 500 thread count. However, even 400 thread count is high enough to be pretty soft and quiet - if you're sensitive to the rustling noise, I think 400 or 500 thread count will work well for you! Take a look at the Product Comparison Chart to see all duvets that come in these thread counts.
What does it mean if my duvet is 25 oz weight? I have a Hutterite Queen 'Toutes saisons' 800+ loft duvet and a Hutterite King 'Régulier' 800+ loft duvet and the packing on both duvets indicate that they are both 25 oz. What does this mean? Shouldn't the 'Toutes saisons' duvet be heavier? Thank you!
Hi Linda, You're comparing duvets of 2 different sizes. Regular Weight is lighter than All Season, IF the loft and size are the same. You'll notice that if you keep the size the same, the weights are different: Queen size All Season Weight is 25 oz, while Queen size Regular Weight is 21 oz. King size All Season Weight is 29 oz, compared to 25 oz for King Regular Weight.
What's the difference between this duvet and the Hutterite White Down Duvet?
Both of these duvets are filled with high quality Canadian duck down and made with soft cotton shells. The main differences lie in the loft of the down (800 vs. 700) and the thread count of the shell (500 vs. 400). Higher loft down is higher overall quality. Higher thread count fabric is softer and quieter. I recommend taking a look at our product comparison chart for an at-a-glance comparison of all specs: https://www.canadiandownandfeather.com/pages/product-comparison-chart