This pillow should be used with a pillow case and a zippered pillow cover/protector at all times. Failure to do so will cause premature wear and invalidate the warranty. A properly covered pillow will help eliminate stains and the build up of body oils, dirt, and dust. This will also help allergy sufferers.
Take your down pillow outdoors periodically and air it or place in the dryer on a low heat/cool cycle. This helps maintain its freshness, fluffiness and insulating qualities.
Prior to use, shake the pillow vigorously to help fluff up the down. It will take about 1 week of use before the outer fabric softens up and the down lofts up to its full potential.
There may be a slight odour as a result of having been stored in the packaging, but it will disappear within the first week of use.
This product should be stored in a dry and well-ventilated closet or room when not in use in order to prevent mildew growth.
* A properly maintained pillow should require cleaning approximately once a year, with normal use. It may be cleaned more or less often depending on use.
* Your pillow is covered in 100% cotton and filled with natural down. It will shrink if washed, possibly causing puckering in the stitching and loss of the filling.
* Should your pillow need cleaning, have it DRY CLEANED or PROFESSIONALLY WASHED by a reputable cleaner that specializes in cleaning down and/or feather products.
* DO NOT attempt to machine wash or dry clean this product yourself. If the filling stays even slightly damp, the down will clump together and may allow mildew growth.
* Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filling and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What is the difference between this pillow and the White Goose Down Pillow?
The main difference is the species of the fill. The White Down Pillow is filled with duck down and the White Goose Down Pillow is filled with goose down. The lofts are similar (550 and 575). Remember that loft is an indicator of overall down quality! Both pillows feature 260 thread count shells. We've added a bit more fill to the White Down Pillows than the White Goose Down Pillows. So while they're both pretty soft and sinky, the White Down Pillows are slightly fuller and provide a tad more support.
What is the warranty details on this product?
Our pillows have a 5 year warranty against manufacturing defects. You can find this information in the product description and on our product comparison chart! FOr more information about our warranty policy, see link: https://www.canadiandownandfeather.com/pages/warranty-registration
I am looking at buying the King Firm duck down pillows, 31oz fill. Do they sink down? We are side sleepers and we want them to sink down and be squishy.
All down pillows will be soft, sinky and compressible! If you are a side sleeper, you will require more support, so perhaps the firm option may be best! In general, down is extremely soft and sinky, so even the firmest down pillow will still be on the softer side!
What’s the difference between this pillow and the Hutterite down? Also do you have pillows with gusseted walls? I don’t want any pillows that have feathers with the reed in it. Lastly do your pillows come with tags of certification if so which ones please?
Take a look at our product comparison chart to compare pillows at a glance! While both this pillow and the Hutterite Goose Down Pillow are both down pillows (and therefore, both soft and sinky in nature), there are some key differences. These include:
- Species: this pillow is filled with duck down. The Hutterite Goose Down Pillow is filled with goose down.
- Source: this pillow is filled with down sourced from non-Hutterite farms. The fill in the Hutterite Goose Down Pillow comes from Hutterite farms.
- Loft (down quality): this pillow contains 550 loft down, while the other contains 700 loft down.
- Thread count: this pillow is made with 260 thread count cotton. The other is made with 400 thread count cotton.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by gussetted walls. If you mean a gussetted edge around the perimeter, check out our Microfiber and Gel Microfiber pillows! If you mean internal vertical walls to keep fill separated in different compartments, we don't offer that. We only have the Down Perfect Pillows, which have 3 horizontal chambers.
All feathers have quills, so I would steer clear of pillows containing feather! These pillows contain down, not feather, so you won't find any quills!
Our cotton shells are OEKO-TEX certified, and these pillows are RDS certified.