This feather bed should be used with a zippered feather bed or mattress cover/protector at all times. Failure to do so will cause premature wear and invalidate the warranty. A properly covered feather bed will help eliminate stains and the build up of body oils, dirt, and dust. This will also help allergy sufferers.
Take your feather bed outdoors periodically and air it or place in the dryer on a low heat/cool cycle. This helps maintain its freshness, fluffiness and insulating qualities.
Prior to use, shake the feather bed vigorously to help fluff up the down and feather. It will take about 1 week of use before the outer fabric softens up and the fill lofts up to its full potential.
There may be a slight odour as a result of having been stored in the packaging, but it will disappear within the first week of use.
This product should be stored in a dry and well-ventilated closet or room when not in use in order to prevent mildew growth.
* A properly maintained feather bed should only require cleaning after two to five years, with normal use. It may be cleaned more or less often depending on use.
* Your feather bed is covered in 100% cotton and filled with natural down and feather. It will shrink if washed, possibly causing puckering in the stitching and loss of the filling.
* Should your feather bed need cleaning, have it DRY CLEANED or PROFESSIONALLY WASHED by a reputable cleaner that specializes in cleaning down and/or feather products.
* DO NOT attempt to machine wash or dry clean this product yourself. If the filling stays even slightly damp, the down and/or feather will clump together and may allow mildew growth.
* Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filling and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Is this price in Canadian Dollars or US Dollars
The price may appear in CAD or USD depending on your browsing location. You can toggle between CAD and USD at the top of the screen.
what is the L X W X H for king bed
78" x 80" x 2"
You can see all of our Standard Dimensions, here: https://www.canadiandownandfeather.com/pages/standard-dimensions
Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with!
Call: (416) 532-3200
What is a mattress topper?
A mattress topper attaches to the top of your mattress to provide additional comfort. Some mattress toppers, like this feather bed, are designed to add firmness and support to a mattress that is too soft. Other toppers, like poly beds, add softness to a mattress that is too firm.