About This Product:
Is your mattress too firm and hard? Are you looking for added softness? If so, this product is for you :) This plush poly bed is filled with microfiber, which is a fluffy polyester designed to mimic the softness of down. The outer shell is soft 260 thread count cotton, and features corner elastics for affixing to the mattress.
Common questions: What is a mattress topper?
A mattress topper attaches to the top of your mattress to provide additional comfort. Some mattress toppers, like this poly bed, are designed to add softness and luxury to a mattress that is too firm. Other toppers, like feather beds add firmness and support to a soft mattress.
What's the difference between this product and the Gel Microfiber Down Alternative Poly Bed?
This Poly Bed has a 260 thread count shell, where the Gel Microfiber Poly Bed has a 300 thread count shell. Higher thread count fabric is softer and less noisy. This product has a 1 year guarantee against manufacturing defects, where the Gel Microfiber Poly Bed has a 3 year guarantee. The final difference is the fill type - Gel Microfiber is siliconized, making it slightly more slippery than regular microfiber. This difference is not overly noticeable though and doesn't impact the overall feel of the product. These poly beds contain the same amount of fill and are both designed to add softness to the mattress.
- Baffle Box Construction: Boxes to prevent content from shifting
Elastic Bands: Elastic straps secure the Poly Bed to the corners of your mattress
- 260 Thread Count: Prevents fill from escaping
- 100% Cotton: Fine cotton allows the fill to breathe
- Microfiber: Down-like luxury and benefits from technically advanced microscopic synthetic fibers
- Easy Care: May machine wash and dry or have professionally cleaned / Filling completely re-lofts after washing
- Hypo Allergenic: Synthetic Microfiber filling naturally resists bacteria and other allergens
- Guaranteed Quality: Guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 1 year
- OEKO-TEX Standard 100 Certified
Compare All Mattress Toppers
This poly bed should be used with a zippered poly bed or mattress cover/protector at all times. Failure to do so will cause premature wear and invalidate the warranty. A properly covered poly bed will help eliminate stains and the build up of body oils, dirt, and dust. This will also help allergy sufferers.
Periodically take your poly bed outdoors and air it or place in the dryer on a low heat/cool cycle. This helps maintain its freshness, fluffiness and insulating qualities.
Prior to use, shake the poly bed vigorously to help fluff up the Microfiber. It will take about 1 week of use before the outer fabric softens up and the Microfiber lofts up to its full potential.
There may be a slight odour as a result of having been stored in the packaging, but it will disappear within the first week of use.
This product should be stored in a dry and well-ventilated closet or room when not in use in order to prevent mildew growth.
* A properly maintained poly bed should only require cleaning after two to five years, with normal use. It may be cleaned more or less often depending on use.
* This product may be machine washed in a large machine in cold water, using mild detergent. Dry on lowest heat until thoroughly dry. If the filling stays even slightly damp, the Microfiber will clump together and may allow mildew growth. Your poly bed is covered in 100% cotton and filled with synthetic Microfiber. If proper washing instructions are not followed, it may shrink, possibly causing puckering in the stitching and loss of the filling.
* Alternatively, you may have your poly bed dry cleaned or professionally washed by a reputable cleaner that specializes in cleaning Microfiber products.
* Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filling and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.