White Feather & Down Duvet
About This Product:
This duvet is the only duvet featuring a down and feather mix! The fill is 80% duck feather and 20% duck down. Down is soft, made up of tiny, fluffy clusters. Feathers have more heft - they have a hard quill shaft with soft fibers branching off the quill. The cotton shell is 240 thread count, so it is crisp and durable.
This duvet is medium weight. Down is very insulating per ounce, so down duvets are lightweight (a little bit of fill goes a long way!) Feather doesn't have great insulating properties, so feather duvets are heavier weight (we need more fill to achieve the desired warmth). Because this duvet contains both down and feather, it is lighter than a feather duvet and heavier than a down duvet!
This duvet comes in Regular Weight, which works well for room temperatures around 19 – 21 degrees C or if you’re fairly warm when you sleep.
- Box Construction: Boxes to prevent content from shifting
- 240 Thread Count: Prevents Down / Feather from escaping
- 100% Cotton: Fine cotton allows the Down / Feather to breathe
- Corner Loops: Loops on all 4 corners to tie and anchor the duvet in place
- White Duck Feather & Down: Bright white appearance with blend of Feather (80%) and Down (20%) for enhanced loft and warmth
- 550+ Fill Power Down: Insulates and lofts 550+ cubic inches per ounce of fill
- Hypo Allergenic: Anti-Microbial process used to eliminate bacteria
- Guaranteed Quality: Guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 10 Years
- OEKO-TEX Standard 100 Certified
This duvet should be used with a duvet or comforter cover at all times. Failure to do so will cause premature wear and invalidate the warranty. A properly covered duvet will eliminate the need for a top sheet. This keeps bed making to a minimum and allows you to enjoy the light, cozy feeling of your duvet.
Prior to use, shake the duvet vigorously to help fluff up the down and feather. It will take about 1 week of use before the outer fabric softens up and the down lofts up to its full potential.
There may be a slight odour as a result of having been stored in the packaging, but it will disappear within the first week of use.
Take your down and feather duvet outdoors periodically and air it. This helps maintain its freshness, fluffiness and insulating qualities.
This product should be stored in a dry and well-ventilated closet or room when not in use in order to prevent mildew growth.
* A properly maintained duvet should only require cleaning after five to ten years, if at all.
* Your duvet is covered in 100% cotton and filled with natural down and feather. It will shrink if washed, possibly causing puckering in the stitching and loss of the filling.
* Should your comforter need cleaning, have it DRY CLEANED or PROFESSIONALLY WASHED by a reputable cleaner that specializes in cleaning down and/or feather products.
* DO NOT attempt to machine wash or dry clean this product yourself. If the filling stays even slightly damp, the down and feather will clump together and may allow mildew growth.
* Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filling and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.