Gel Microfiber Down Alternative Duvet
About This Product:
This duvet is made with microfiber fill. Microfiber is soft and plush. It's a high quality polyester that's meant to mimic the softness of down. The shell is 300 thread count cotton, which is soft and quiet.
This duvet is generously filled. Microfiber doesn't have the same insulating properties as down, so microfiber duvets are heavier weight. We need a fair bit of fill to achieve the desired warmth. One benefit of a synthetic duvet is that it can be machine washed at home, given your machine is quite large and you wash/dry on a low heat setting. Natural down and feather are quite sensitive to moisture, but polyester is not!
This duvet comes in All Season Weight, which works well for room temperatures around 16 - 18 degrees C or if you’re fairly cool when you sleep.
- Box Construction: Boxes to prevent content from shifting
- 300 Thread Count: Prevents fill from escaping
- 100% Cotton: Fine cotton allows the fill to breathe
- Corner Loops: Loops on all 4 corners to tie and anchor the duvet in place
- Gel Microfiber: Down-like luxury and benefits from technically advanced microscopic synthetic fibers
- Easy Care: May machine wash and dry or have professionally cleaned / Filling completely re-lofts after washing
- Hypo Allergenic: Synthetic Microfiber filling naturally resists bacteria and other allergens
- Guaranteed Quality: Guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 5 Years
- OEKO-TEX Standard 100 Certified
This duvet should be used with a duvet or comforter cover at all times. Failure to do so will cause premature wear and invalidate the warranty. A properly covered duvet will eliminate the need for a top sheet. This keeps bed making to a minimum and allows you to enjoy the light, cozy feeling of your duvet.
Prior to use, shake the duvet vigorously to help fluff up the Gel Microfiber. It will take about 1 week of use before the outer fabric softens up and the fill lofts up to its full potential.
There may be a slight odour as a result of having been stored in the packaging, but it will disappear within the first week of use.
Take your Gel Microfiber duvet outdoors periodically and air it. This helps maintain its freshness, fluffiness and insulating qualities.
This product should be stored in a dry and well-ventilated closet or room when not in use in order to prevent mildew growth.
* A properly maintained duvet should only require cleaning after five to ten years, if at all.
* This product may be machine washed in a large machine in cold water, using mild detergent. Dry on lowest heat until thoroughly dry. If the filling stays even slightly damp, the Gel Microfiber will clump together and may allow mildew growth. Your duvet is covered in 100% cotton and filled with synthetic Gel Microfiber. If proper washing instructions are not followed, the duvet may shrink, possibly causing puckering in the stitching and loss of the filling.
* Alternatively, you may have your comforter dry cleaned or professionally washed by a reputable cleaner that specializes in cleaning Gel Microfiber products.
* Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filling and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Is the down alternative duvet available in the extra large size, 110x100"? thanks.
Not at this time. Only the products we make in Canada are available in XL sizes.
How do I unclump the gel microfiber? I guess it was not completely dry and now it is clumped!
I'm so sorry to hear this! This duvet is quite bulky and can take several dryer cycles to get completely dry. You can try a few more runs in the dryer or hanging outside when the weather is nice. You can also try shaking or pulling the clumps of fill from the outside with your hands to try to untangle them a bit.
I want to buy Canadian, it is my top priority. I have seen your duvet on the cost website, and read some the reviews, a lot of positive ones which is great! However, one complaint I keep reading about is little on your and Costco website is when the duvet is removed from the cover bed and room gets covered in white cotton balls. What is happening here and had the problem been corrected? I am looking for something washable and Canadian.
This is one of our best selling duvets, and I only see 1 complaint of this nature in the reviews on our website (as of the date of this writing)! We're not aware of it being a common or consistent problem. While leakage is a possibility with any duvet (could be a faulty bit of fabric, for example), it's considered a manufacturing defect and covered under warranty, as long as proper care instructions have been followed. If you experience this problem, simply contact us for repair or replacement! Please note that this duvet is not made in Canada - hopefully one day! If you purchase it, you're supporting us as a Canadian company, but it is one of our imported products. Each product states whether it's made in Canada or imported in the product description.
What's the difference between this duvet and the Microfiber Down Alternative Duvet?
The Microfiber Down Alternative Duvet has a 260 thread count shell. Higher thread count fabric is softer and less noisy. The Microfiber Duvet also has a shorter warranty period. The final difference is the fill type - Gel Microfiber is siliconized, making it slightly more slippery than regular microfiber. This difference is not overly noticeable though and doesn't impact the overall feel of the product. These 2 duvets are the same weight and warmth level.