This pillow should be used with a pillow case and a zippered pillow cover/protector at all times. Failure to do so will cause premature wear and invalidate the warranty. A properly covered pillow will help eliminate stains and the build up of body oils, dirt, and dust. This will also help allergy sufferers.
Take your down and feather pillow outdoors periodically and air it or place in the dryer on a low heat/cool cycle. This helps maintain its freshness, fluffiness and insulating qualities.
Prior to use, shake the pillow vigorously to help fluff up the down and feather. It will take about 1 week of use before the outer fabric softens up and the down andr feather lofts up to its full potential.
There may be a slight odour as a result of having been stored in the packaging, but it will disappear within the first week of use.
This product should be stored in a dry and well-ventilated closet or room when not in use in order to prevent mildew growth.
* A properly maintained pillow should require cleaning approximately once a year, with normal use. It may be cleaned more or less often depending on use.
* Your pillow is covered in 100% cotton and filled with natural down and feather. It will shrink if washed, possibly causing puckering in the stitching and loss of the filling.
* Should your pillow need cleaning, have it DRY CLEANED or PROFESSIONALLY WASHED by a reputable cleaner that specializes in cleaning down and/or feather products.
* DO NOT attempt to machine wash or dry clean this product yourself. If the filling stays even slightly damp, the down and/or feather will clump together and may allow mildew growth.
* Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filing and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I notice that Costco sells your Perfect Down pillow. My experience has been that sometimes the item sold by Costco is not exactly the same as the one sold from the manufacturer. Can you confirm that the Perfect Down pillow sold on your site is the same as the Perfect Down pillow sold on the Costco site?
Our products are sold at a wide variety of retailers. They are the exact same no matter where they're sold!
Hi, I am 6'-5'' and I want to change my pillow. I had 2 tempur for the last years, but I need more support when I am on the side (Because the distance between my neck and the end of my shoulder is considerable). Do you have any advice?
The firmest pillow we carry is the Down Perfect Pillow in Firm. If you opt for a feather pillow, this is the one I recommend. It's actually too firm for most people, but it's not the firmest pillow on the market. Feather products trap some air and therefore have some 'give' to them no matter what. It sounds like you may benefit from a different type of fill like latex or foam which will be more resilient.
I have spondylos and my neck hurts as I slept for a while on very soft mattress and very uncomfortable pillow. So, now mattress is fine, I just need a good pillow for my neck, I sleep mostly on a side, sometimes on my back. What would you suggest? I want it to be with down, maybe combination with feather.
Typically side and back sleepers would benefit from a pillow like this Down Perfect Pillow. It's all about even neck alignment. Side sleepers need a fair bit of support to keep the head, neck and spine evenly aligned. Back sleepers need some support, but the head shouldn't be propped up too much. This pillow is filled mostly with feather, which provides excellent support. The feather is surrounded by a small buffer of down. I recommend Medium support to provide enough support for side sleeping, but not too much for back sleeping. That being said, for any medical conditions, we are not the best folks to consult, and you may want to get some advice from your doctor!