About This Product:
This pillow is made with microfiber fill. Microfiber is soft and plush. It's a high quality polyester that's meant to mimic the softness of down. Microfiber is denser than down, so while microfiber pillows are still soft, they're able to provide a bit more support than down pillows. The shell is 260 thread count cotton, which is crisp and durable.
One benefit of a synthetic pillow is that it can be machine washed at home, given your machine is quite large and you wash/dry on a low heat setting. Natural down and feather are quite sensitive to moisture, but polyester is not!
This pillow comes in Soft, which is great for front and back sleepers.
Common Question: What's the difference between this pillow and the Gel Microfiber Down Alternative Pillow?
The Gel Microfiber Down Alternative Duvet has a 300 thread count shell. The higher thread count makes the shell softer. The fill type is also slightly different - Gel Microfiber is siliconized, making it slightly more slippery than regular microfiber. This difference is not overly noticeable though and doesn't impact the overall feel of the product. The main difference is the support level of the pillows. The Microfiber pillow contains less fill and is Soft support. The Gel Microfiber pillow has more fill and is Medium support.
- Box Edge Construction: 2” gusseted edge provides an even sleeping surface for improved support and neck alignment
- 260 Thread Count: Prevents fill from escaping
- 100% Cotton: Fine cotton allows the fill to breathe
- Microfiber: Down-like luxury and benefits from technically advanced microscopic synthetic fibers
- Easy Care: May machine wash and dry or have professionally cleaned / Filling completely re-lofts after washing
- Hypo Allergenic: Synthetic Microfiber filling naturally resists bacteria and other allergens
- Guaranteed Quality: Guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 1 year
- OEKO-TEX Standard 100 Certified
Pillow Buying Guide
Difference Between Down & Feather
Read our Refund Policy
Compare All Pillows
This pillow should be used with a pillow case and a zippered pillow cover/protector at all times. Failure to do so will cause premature wear and invalidate the warranty. A properly covered pillow will help eliminate stains and the build up of body oils, dirt, and dust. This will also help allergy sufferers.
Prior to use, shake the pillow vigorously to help fluff up the Microfiber. It will take about 1 week of use before the outer fabric softens up and the Microfiber lofts up to its full potential.
There may be a slight odour as a result of having been stored in the packaging, but it will disappear within the first week of use.
Take your Microfiber pillow outdoors periodically and air it or place in the dryer on a low heat/cool cycle. This helps maintain its freshness, fluffiness and insulating qualities.
This product should be stored in a dry and well-ventilated closet or room when not in use in order to prevent mildew growth.
* A properly maintained pillow should require cleaning approximately once a year, with normal use. It may be cleaned more or less often depending on use.
* This product may be machine washed in cold water, using mild detergent. Dry on lowest heat until thoroughly dry. If the filling stays even slightly damp, the Microfiber will clump together and may allow mildew growth. Your pillow is covered in 100% cotton and filled with synthetic Microfiber. If proper washing instructions are not followed, it may shrink, possibly causing puckering in the stitching and loss of the filling.
* Alternatively, you may have your pillow dry cleaned or professionally washed by a reputable cleaner that specializes in cleaning Microfiber products.
* Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filling and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.