Hutterite Goose Down Pillow
About This Product:
This pillow is made with care in Canada with Canadian fill. The shell is soft 400 thread count cotton. The fill is 700 loft goose down farmed by Hutterites in Alberta, Canada. Down is made up of tiny, fluffy clusters, so down pillows are very soft, sinky, and squishy.
All weights of this pillow are soft and will sink down with the weight of the head. The Soft version is flatter, Medium is a bit fuller, and Firm is the most puffy. Soft is best suited for front sleepers. Medium and Firm are great for front and back sleepers.
Note that King size pillows are more sinky than Standard or Queen, as they are quite long. There's more room for the fill to spread out to the sides when laid on.
- Construction: Double Needle Stitch
- 400 Thread Count: Prevents Down from escaping
- 100% Cotton: Fine cotton allows the down to breathe
- Canadian Hutterite White Goose Down: Farmed by the Canadian Hutterites in Alberta and is world renowned as one of the highest quality fills
- 700+ Fill Power Down: Insulates and lofts 700+ cubic inches per ounce of fill
- Hypo Allergenic: Anti-Microbial process used to eliminate bacteria
- Guaranteed Quality: Guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 5 Years
- Made in Canada
This pillow should be used with a pillow case and a zippered pillow cover/protector at all times. Failure to do so will cause premature wear and invalidate the warranty. A properly covered pillow will help eliminate stains and the build up of body oils, dirt, and dust. This will also help allergy sufferers.
Take your down pillow outdoors periodically and air it or place in the dryer on a low heat/cool cycle. This helps maintain its freshness, fluffiness and insulating qualities.
Prior to use, shake the pillow vigorously to help fluff up the down. It will take about 1 week of use before the outer fabric softens up and the down lofts up to its full potential.
There may be a slight odour as a result of having been stored in the packaging, but it will disappear within the first week of use.
This product should be stored in a dry and well-ventilated closet or room when not in use in order to prevent mildew growth.
* A properly maintained pillow should require cleaning approximately once a year, with normal use. It may be cleaned more or less often depending on use.
* Your pillow is covered in 100% cotton and filled with natural down. It will shrink if washed, possibly causing puckering in the stitching and loss of the filling.
* Should your pillow need cleaning, have it DRY CLEANED or PROFESSIONALLY WASHED by a reputable cleaner that specializes in cleaning down and/or feather products.
* DO NOT attempt to machine wash or dry clean this product yourself. If the filling stays even slightly damp, the down will clump together and may allow mildew growth.
* Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filling and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I’m a side sleeper but like a soft pillow . Should I get a soft or a medium goose down pillow? Purple package.
Side sleepers tend to need a fair bit of support to keep the head, neck and spine aligned. Most side sleepers need more support than a down pillow can provide. If you like a soft pillow, Medium would be best, or even Firm. Even the fullest, firmest version of a down pillow is quite soft. Although it starts out puffy, it compresses down significantly with the weight of the head, providing only some gentle support.
I’m a side sleeper but like a soft squishy pillow . Should I buy a king goose down soft or a medium weight ?
Side sleepers need a fair bit of support to keep the head, neck and spine aligned. If you do opt for a down-filled pillow, I recommend a Firm. Even the fullest, firmest version of a down pillow will sink down significantly with the weight of the head. It may be better to look at a Gel Microfiber Pillow. Microfiber is soft and squishy like down, but a bit denser and traps less air. It won't compress quite as much with the weight of the head, but won't be as firm as a feather pillow.
I am a side sleeper and am looking for firm support. My current (down and likely something else) pillows are over 10 years old as I can't find anything as supportive, nor can I find replacements. I believe you used to offer pillows with a core of more dense feathers and down outer layer. would you have something like this?
We certainly do! Our 3 Chamber feather & down pillows are called Down Perfect Pillows. There are 3 versions of the Down Perfect: https://www.canadiandownandfeather.com/collections/down-perfect-1
what size pillow is most common for a queen size bec
Queen size pillows are most common! Queen sheet sets come with Queen size pillow cases :)