625 Loft White Down Duvet
About This Product:
This duvet is filled with care in Canada. The cotton shell is 360 thread count, so it is soft and quiet. The duvet is filled with 625 loft duck down. Down fill is soft and luxurious, made up of tiny, fluffy clusters. This duvet is fairly lightweight, but you'll find this duvet contains more fill than a duvet with higher loft down (700 or 850). This is because the higher the loft of the down, the better the insulating properties, and the less of it we need to achieve the desired warmth level! Conversely, you'll find it has less fill than a duvet with lower loft down (550 or 575).
Summer Weight is great for hot sleepers or room temperatures are 22 degrees C or higher. Opt for Regular Weight if your room temperature is around 19 – 21 degrees C or if you’re fairly warm when you sleep. All Season Weight is best if your room temperature is 16 – 18 degrees C or if you’re a cooler sleeper.
- Baffle Box Construction: Baffle Walls for maximum loft / Boxes to prevent content from shifting
- 360 Thread Count: Prevents Down from escaping
- 100% Cotton: Fine cotton allows the down to breathe
- Corner Loops: Loops on all 4 corners to tie and anchor the duvet in place
- White Down: Bright white appearance with lightest, fluffiest and warmest type of fill available
- 625+ Fill Power Down: Insulates and lofts 625+ cubic inches per ounce of fill
- Hypo Allergenic: Anti-Microbial process used to eliminate bacteria
- Guaranteed Quality: Guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 20 Years
- Filled in Canada with domestic and/or imported materials
This duvet should be used with a duvet or comforter cover at all times. Failure to do so will cause premature wear and invalidate the warranty. A properly covered duvet will eliminate the need for a top sheet. This keeps bed making to a minimum and allows you to enjoy the light, cozy feeling of your duvet.
Prior to use, shake the duvet vigorously to help fluff up the down. It will take about 1 week of use before the outer fabric softens up and the down lofts up to its full potential.
There may be a slight odour as a result of having been stored in the packaging, but it will disappear within the first week of use.
Take your down duvet outdoors periodically and air it. This helps maintain its freshness, fluffiness and insulating qualities.
This product should be stored in a dry and well-ventilated closet or room when not in use in order to prevent mildew growth.
* A properly maintained duvet should only require cleaning after five to ten years, if at all.
* Your duvet is covered in 100% cotton and filled with natural down. It will shrink if washed, possibly causing puckering in the stitching and loss of the filling.
* Should your comforter need cleaning, have it DRY CLEANED or PROFESSIONALLY WASHED by a reputable cleaner that specializes in cleaning down and/or feather products.
* DO NOT attempt to machine wash or dry clean this product yourself. If the filling stays even slightly damp, the down will clump together and may allow mildew growth.
* Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filling and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Does the duck down smell ?
Any down and feather can develop an odour if exposed to moisture and not properly dried. Duck down (especially lower loft duck down) has a greater tendency to develop an odour than goose down or high loft duck down. We store our raw materials and products in the proper humidity levels to prevent this, but it is something that can happen in your home if the environment is quite humid or the duvet is not properly cared for.
Is this product or a portion of it made in china?
This product is made in Canada.
The down inside the product is a mix of local and international fill, sourced from the US and China.