This duvet should be used with a duvet or comforter cover at all times. Failure to do so will cause premature wear and invalidate the warranty. A properly covered duvet will eliminate the need for a top sheet. This keeps bed-making to a minimum and allows you to enjoy the light, cozy feeling of your duvet.
Prior to use, shake the duvet vigorously to help fluff up the down. It will take about 1 week of use before the outer fabric softens up and the down lofts up to its full potential.
There may be a slight odour as a result of having been stored in the packaging, but it will disappear within the first week of use.
Take your down duvet outdoors periodically and air it. This helps maintain its freshness, fluffiness and insulating qualities.
This product should be stored in a dry and well-ventilated closet or room when not in use in order to prevent mildew growth.
* A properly maintained duvet should only require cleaning after five to ten years, if at all.
* Your duvet is covered in 100% cotton and filled with natural down. It will shrink if washed, possibly causing puckering in the stitching and loss of the filling.
* Should your comforter need cleaning, have it DRY CLEANED or PROFESSIONALLY WASHED by a reputable cleaner that specializes in cleaning down and/or feather products.
* DO NOT attempt to machine wash or dry clean this product yourself. If the filling stays even slightly damp, the down will clump together and may allow mildew growth.
* Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filling and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Does this duvet make a crunchy or crinkly sound when you move it? I have found some duvets to be “noisy” when moving around, and want to ensure I get a duvet that doesn’t make that sound.
This duvet has a thread count of 360 which is fairly soft and quiet. Noisy fabrics are generally lower than 300 TC. The higher the thread count, the softer the shell. Of course, this is on a continuum, so the 360TC will be quieter than the 260TC, but noisier than the 400.
You can read more about thread count here: https://www.canadiandownandfeather.com/blogs/articles/thread-count
You can compare the thread count of different duvets, here: https://www.canadiandownandfeather.com/pages/product-comparison-chart#duvets
I just received this and not very happy with how thin it is since I ordered the winter one. Does it fluff up when taken out of the bag?
Absolutely! Down traps a lot of air, and that air is squeezed out of the product when packaged. The product will loft up to its full potential after 24 - 48 hrs of being laid out. That being said, down is a very high performance material with excellent insulating properties - just a small bit of fill goes a long way in terms of warmth! The hallmark of a high quality down duvet is lightweight warmth.
It sounds just what I’m looking for but does this one go on sale? I can’t spend that much, looking to spend 200 with taxes included
All of our products go on sale periodically throughout the year! Please sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of the homepage to be notified the next time a sale starts!
Do you offer duvets in a size smaller than twin? I would like to put two duvets on a king size bed but two twin duvets will overlap/overhang too much.
Unfortunately, we don't offer any sizes smaller than a Twin!