Microfiber Down Alternative Duvet
About This Product:
This duvet is made with microfiber fill. Microfiber is soft and plush. It's a high quality polyester that's meant to mimic the softness of down. The shell is 260 thread count cotton, which is crisp and durable.
This duvet is generously filled. Microfiber doesn't have the same insulating properties as down, so microfiber duvets are heavier weight. We need a fair bit of fill to achieve the desired warmth. One benefit of a synthetic duvet is that it can be machine washed at home, given your machine is quite large and you wash/dry on a low heat setting. Natural down and feather are quite sensitive to moisture, but polyester is not!
This duvet comes in All Season Weight, which works well for room temperatures around 16 - 18 degrees C or if you’re fairly cool when you sleep.
- Box Construction: Boxes to prevent content from shifting
- 260 Thread Count: Prevents fill from escaping
- 100% Cotton: Fine cotton allows the fill to breathe
- Corner Loops: Loops on all 4 corners to tie and anchor the duvet in place
- Microfiber: Down-like luxury and benefits from technically advanced microscopic synthetic fibers
- Easy Care: May machine wash and dry or have professionally cleaned / Filling completely re-lofts after washing
- Hypo Allergenic: Synthetic Microfiber filling naturally resists bacteria and other allergens
- Guaranteed Quality: Guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 3 Years
- This product was tested for harmful substances and certified according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® SHHO 077115 TESTEX
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What's the difference between this duvet and the Gel Microfiber Down Alternative Duvet?
The Gel Microfiber Down Alternative Duvet has a 300 thread count shell. The higher thread count makes the shell softer and less noisy. The Gel Microfiber Duvet also has a longer warranty period. The final difference is the fill type - Gel Microfiber is siliconized, making it slightly more slippery than regular microfiber. This difference is not overly noticeable though and doesn't impact the overall feel of the product. These duvets are the same weight and warmth level.
What is the duvet's tog rating
Our weights don't line up perfectly with the tog scale, but our All Season is in the 12-13 range or thereabouts. Quite warm, and best for cold sleepers or room temps around 16-18C.