About This Product:
This duvet is made with care in Canada with Canadian fill. The shell is 500 thread count cotton – soft and quiet. The shell is filled with 800 loft duck down farmed by Hutterites in Alberta, Canada. Down fill is soft and luxurious, made up of tiny, fluffy clusters. The fill is very high loft, which means it is high quality and very warm per ounce. This is why you’ll find this duvet is very lightweight. Just a little bit of fill goes a long way in terms of warmth!
Opt for Regular Weight if your room temperature is around 19 – 21 degrees C or if you’re fairly warm when you sleep. All Season Weight is best if your room temperature is 16 – 18 degrees C or if you’re a cooler sleeper.
Common Question: What's the difference between this duvet and the 850 Loft Hutterite Goose Down Duvet?
There are two main differences between these products. This duvet is made with 800 loft down, while the other is made with 850 loft down. Higher loft down is higher quality. While both of these duvets contain very high quality down, the 850 Loft duvet is slightly higher. The second difference is the species. This duvet is filled with duck down while the other is filled with goose down. Other than loft and species, these two duvets are the same in terms of warmth, weight, thread count and warranty period.
Common Question: What's the difference between this duvet and the Hutterite White Down Duvet?
Both of these duvets are filled with high quality Canadian down and make with soft cotton shells. The main differences lie in the loft of the down (800 vs. 700) and the thread count of the shell (500 vs. 400).
- Baffle Box Construction: Baffle Walls for maximum loft / Boxes to prevent content from shifting
500 Thread Count: Prevents down from escaping
- 100% Cotton: Fine cotton allows the down to breathe
- Corner Loops: Loops on all 4 corners to tie and anchor the duvet in place
- Canadian Hutterite White Duck Down: Farmed by the Canadian Hutterites in Alberta and is world-renowned as one of the highest quality fills
800+ Fill Power Down: Insulates and lofts 800+ cubic inches per ounce of fill
- Hypo Allergenic: Anti-Microbial process used to eliminate bacteria
- Guaranteed Quality: Guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 30 years
- Made In Canada
Guide to Duvet Warmth & Weight
Duvet Buying Guide
Difference Between Down & Feather
Compare All Duvets
This duvet should be used with a duvet or comforter cover at all times. Failure to do so will cause premature wear and invalidate the warranty.
A properly covered duvet will eliminate the need for a top sheet. This keeps bed-making to a minimum and allows you to enjoy the light, cozy feeling of your duvet.
Prior to use, shake the duvet vigorously to help fluff up the down. It will take about 1 week of use before the outer fabric softens up and the down lofts up to its full potential.
There may be a slight odour as a result of having been stored in the packaging, but it will disappear within the first week of use.
Take your down duvet outdoors periodically and air it. This helps maintain its freshness, fluffiness and insulating qualities.
This product should be stored in a dry and well-ventilated closet or room when not in use in order to prevent mildew growth.
* A properly maintained duvet should only require cleaning after five to ten years, if at all.
* Your duvet is covered in 100% cotton and filled with natural down. It will shrink if washed, possibly causing puckering in the stitching and loss of the filling.
* Should your comforter need cleaning, have it DRY CLEANED or PROFESSIONALLY WASHED by a reputable cleaner that specializes in cleaning down and/or feather products.
* DO NOT attempt to machine wash or dry clean this product yourself. If the filling stays even slightly damp, the down will clump together and may allow mildew growth.
* Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filling and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.