850 Loft Hutterite Goose Down Duvet
About This Product:
This duvet is made with care in Canada with Canadian fill. The shell is 500 thread count cotton – soft and quiet. The shell is filled with 850 loft goose down farmed by Hutterites in Alberta, Canada. Down fill is soft and luxurious, made up of tiny, fluffy clusters. The fill is very high loft, which means it is high quality and very warm per ounce. This is why you’ll find this duvet is very lightweight. Just a little bit of fill goes a long way in terms of warmth!
Opt for Regular Weight if your room temperature is around 19 – 21 degrees C or if you’re fairly warm when you sleep. All Season Weight is best if your room temperature is 16 – 18 degrees C or if you’re a cooler sleeper.
- Baffle Box Construction: Baffle Walls for maximum loft / Boxes to prevent content from shifting
- 500 Thread Count: Prevents down from escaping
- 100% Cotton: Fine cotton allows the down to breathe
- Corner Loops: Loops on all 4 corners to tie and anchor the duvet in place
- Canadian Hutterite White Goose Down: Farmed by the Canadian Hutterites in Alberta and is world-renowned as one of the highest quality fills
- 850+ Fill Power Down: Insulates and lofts 850+ cubic inches per ounce of fill
- Hypo Allergenic: Anti-Microbial process used to eliminate bacteria
- Guaranteed Quality: Guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 30 years
- Made In Canada
This duvet should be used with a duvet or comforter cover at all times. Failure to do so will cause premature wear and invalidate the warranty.
A properly covered duvet will eliminate the need for a top sheet. This keeps bed-making to a minimum and allows you to enjoy the light, cozy feeling of your duvet.
Prior to use, shake the duvet vigorously to help fluff up the down. It will take about 1 week of use before the outer fabric softens up and the down lofts up to its full potential.
There may be a slight odour as a result of having been stored in the packaging, but it will disappear within the first week of use.
Take your down duvet outdoors periodically and air it. This helps maintain its freshness, fluffiness and insulating qualities.
This product should be stored in a dry and well-ventilated closet or room when not in use in order to prevent mildew growth.
* A properly maintained duvet should only require cleaning after five to ten years, if at all.
* Your duvet is covered in 100% cotton and filled with natural down. It will shrink if washed, possibly causing puckering in the stitching and loss of the filling.
* Should your comforter need cleaning, have it DRY CLEANED or PROFESSIONALLY WASHED by a reputable cleaner that specializes in cleaning down and/or feather products.
* DO NOT attempt to machine wash or dry clean this product yourself. If the filling stays even slightly damp, the down will clump together and may allow mildew growth.
* Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filling and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Hi there, curious why the size of the King Duvet is 102x90 when all king covers are 110x90 (or 108x90). We purchased the 850 loft King Size, and our duvet doesn't fit the covers and has one size hanging a ton of empty cover...
Unfortunately, there are no industry-wide standards for sizing. Our duvets are designed for moderate overhang, as is the Canadian style! US products tend to have lots of extra overhang. Some variability is fine - just ensure the cover is 1-2" larger or smaller on all sides for a decent fit. For King, a cover ranging from 98 x 86 - 106 x 94 will fit well. There are many different cover sizes available that fit our duvets - we're happy to research some options for you if you send us an email!